Full Stack Web Developer (Contract)
Vermilion is a 25-person creative agency located in Boulder, CO providing purpose-driven CPG brands, social impact organizations, foundations and nonprofits, and education leaders distinctive and effective solutions that make a positive impact. We translate insight-driven strategy into beautifully crafted experiences across traditional, digital, and social channels.
Vermilion is not seeking a full-time developer at this time. We are cultivating a network of talented contractors to be part of a support team on an as-needed basis. We are not relocating applicants to Colorado for this position, but are open to remote candidates.
You will work in collaboration with our UX/IA designer, digital marketing team, and designers to develop and maintain client websites. Though our digital projects vary, a large portion of our work involves building customized WordPress websites and user interfaces from the ground up.
Vermilion is not a software development agency, it’s a forward-thinking design agency looking for resourceful developers to build new projects for clients, maintain existing projects and project maintenance.
- Be comfortable working on 2-3 projects at a time
- Be a strong communicator with team members and clients in addition to writing excellent code
- Be excited to partner with creatives to build remarkable solutions for our clients
- Be ready to jump in and problem-solve solutions as they arise
- Develop and extend WordPress backends for custom website builds
- Collaborate with the design and UX teams to create dynamic, responsive websites
- Interface with third party APIs such as Google Maps and Salesforce
- Work with account managers to develop estimates and ensure deliverables are completed on time and on budget
- Manage technical communications with clients and account managers
- Help maintain and improve internal projects such as build and deployment tools
What We’d Like To See:
- Strong technical background, preferably in the LAMP stack. Our team primarily works in WordPress, so if you’re interested in working primarily with Drupal, Rails, etc., this is probably not the position for you.
- You’re knowledgeable and articulate on IA and UX. You need to be skilled at recommending IA, UX, and UI improvements to designers. And at times, you’ll need to articulate your rationale for those to clients.
Required development skills include:
- 3+ years of web development experience
- 2+ years of creative agency experience
- PHP or similar object oriented programming language
- CSS (using SASS or LESS)
- Unix Server Administration
- Familiarity with responsive design
Nice to have:
- Server administration knowledge
- Command line tooling (such as webpack)
- Bedrock & Sage experience, by Roots.io
- Experience with e-commerce
If you’re seeking an opportunity for growth and creativity, for collaboration and shared values, for humor and balance, let’s get in touch. Vermilion is a small team where new ideas to improve our technology and workflow are always more than welcome.